Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ave Maria verse

FROM Instructions for the use of the beades

If my disciple thou wilt be,
take up thy cross and follow me:
The cross that was most odious,
is by my death made glorious.

AVE MARIA

With humble mind I take my way
unto the Blessed Virgin pure:
Upon my knees Ave to say,
that she may help my sins to cure.

GRATIA PLENA

O Marie meek hail full of grace
Whom when Elizabeth did view
She said there was wither in place
the Mother of her Lord Iesu

DOMINVS TECVM

O Lady dear our Lord with thee,
whom shepherds first in manger find
A star from the east did guide king's three
to visit him, with devout mind.

BENEDICTA TV IN MVLIERIBVS

Among women thou blessed be,
who scathed the swords that infants slew:
Whiles Herod sought most cruelly,
with all to kill thy Son Iesu.

ET BENEDICTVS FRVCTVS VENTRIS TVI
The fruit of thy womb blessed be,
whom wrongfully to death they drew.
What greater cross could come to thee,
than this thou bear with Christ Iesu.

SANCTA MARIA ORA PRO NOBIS
O holy mother pray for me,
whose sins deserve eternal pain:
That after death my soul may be,
where my sweet Iesu now doeth reign.

Marie bear Christ at years fifteen.
he lived in earth three and thirty.
Fifteen years after was she seen.
Assumed to heaven at threescore three.

Sacred and Immaculate Hearts

Sacred and Immaculate Hearts

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Pillar of Scourging of Our Lord JESUS

Pillar of Scourging of Our Lord JESUS

Shroud of Turin

Shroud of Turin